Key strengths in a full range of communications, including: public relations, print (feature articles for international and UK publications) and broadcast, social media and writing documents such as annual reports and investor documents including business plans, private placing memorandum, etc.
Research and writing of reports and analysis: Recent –
- Chapters on i) economy, ii) capital markets, iii) banking and iv) insurance for report Kenya 2016 published Nov 2015 by Oxford Business Group oxfordbusinessgroup.com
- Factsheets for Unicef
- United Nations Development Programme strategic 5-year plan for UN (UN Development Assistance Framework in Ethopia 2007-2011) plus follow-up consultancy
- Annual Report for UN World Food Programme in Ethiopia (2005-2007).
Training and educational materials
Africa edition of the International Introduction to Securities and Investment workbook for the London-based Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (www.cisi.org).
Media articles and journalism
- Forbes Africa
- African Business
- African Banker
Have also written for New African, The Africa Report, Africa investor, Global, Royal Africa Society blog, Economist Intelligence Unit, InterPressService, Mail & Guardian, Emerging Markets and others.
www.africancapitalmarketsnews.com – News and developments in Africa’s securities exchanges, post trading, banking, private equity, impact investment, infrastructure and more
Support organizations such as Learn Amharic UK and Friends of Namibia through operating social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter). Our Twitter africancapital has 2,900 followers.
Annual reports, business plans, bank documents, private placing memorandum and other documents for a range of clients.
- Editor of reports and papers for Economic Commission for Africa (United Nations)
- Editor for International Organization of Migration
Conferences and events
Speaker, session moderator or MC at:
- The Global Africa Investment Summit (2015),
- NeMa Africa (2015),
- Africa Securities Exchanges Association (2011-13, 2015, from first in 1994 until 1999),
- Africa PPP (2015),
- Africa Debt Capital Markets (2011-2015),
- London Business School Africa (2011),
- Africa investor (2010, 2011),
- Securities Africa (2010, 2011 and 2012).
- Social Business workshop (Saïd Business School, 2011),
- Impact investing panel Opal European Family Office Forum (2014), UK Aware (2011).
OECD Taskforce for MENA stock exchanges on corporate governance (2011) – participant